When I have a craving for chocolate my husband usually runs out and buys me some Reese’s cups or Kit Kats but today, I decided I would curve my craving my creating a little something at home.
I wanted something that wouldn’t keep me in the kitchen for a long time but something equally satisfying. After going some Google research I found some Giada De Laurentiis recipes that I just knew I had to remake. My husband is Italian so I pretty much live for her recipes to help me make some amazing Italian dinners for my family.
Here is a slightly tweaked version of Giada’s S’more Brownie Bites.
|S’more Brownie Bites||
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 4 large graham crackers, finely crushed
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 24-count mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour until the mixture is thick and smooth. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill each paper liner with about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter. Push 3 mini marshmallows halfway down into the center of the batter. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the graham cracker crumbs over the marshmallows. Bake until the marshmallows are puffed and light golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes and serve.
Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
It hit the spot for sure! Who can pass up chocolate, marshmallows and cinnamon graham crackers?! Not this girl! Now to find a hiding spot so my husband and daughters can’t find them…..