I got this recipe from a friend and her blog called Juicy Daffnee. I love me some banana bread so I figured I’d give her recipe for a gluten-free version a try. I made this with walnuts but of course you can omit them if you choose to.
- 2 Cups Walnuts, Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Vanilla flavored)
- 2 Cups Gluten free flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 4-5 Bananas, Mashed
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees°
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl: flour, baking soda, sugar, walnuts.
- In a large bowl, mash up bananas until almost liquid and stir in almond milk.
- Add the honey, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and olive oil to banana mixture.
- Then combine dry and wet ingredients and mix.
- Oil a baking loaf pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the center is baked through! Test by sticking a knife through the center – will be done when knife comes out clean
I ended up having to bake my bread for 1 hour. I use a gas stove and maybe Daffnee used an electric stove would be my only guess on why mine took longer.