Cinnamon Almond Apple Crisp
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 8 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips (can sub semi-sweet chips)
- Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil
- Place two sheets of Non-Stick Foil on a work surface, one atop the other to double the thickness. Place sliced apples in center of foil. Drizzle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- In bowl of electric mixer, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Beat in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in chocolate chips, and almonds, then spoon over apples.
- Bring up sides of foil to form a sealed pouch. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Open pouch and spoon dessert into serving dishes. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream if desired.