In an effort to be more of a Pinterest mom (without going cra-cra and overboard) I wanted to come up with a cute Spring / Easter Cupcake.
Because who doesn’t like a cupcake?! Only a crazy person, that’s who.
I found these Flower Pot Cupcakes on a website and seriously, I cannot find it anymore but they were so cute and I knew I had to make them. Funnily enough I have had 3 boxes of Silicone Flower Pot Cupcake makers in my pantry for over a year but we never used them. Found them at Ross for $2.99 each and Makenna just had to have them. You can get them on Amazon for about $16 for 6 of them.
So I made them and then got the kids involved for the fun part – making the “soil”
- 3/4 cup Organic Butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup Organic Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups All-purpose flour or Organic Spelt
- 2/3 cup Organic Cocoa
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- In large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat on high-speed of electric mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder;
- add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Fill 12 mini flower pots 3/4 full
- Bake remaining cake batter in a regular cake pan.
- Cool flower pot cupcakes completely then frost with chocolate frosting
- Crumble the “extra” cake so it looks like soil. Then top flower pot cupcakes with your dirt.
- Top with a sprig of mint, chocolate bunny, or chocolate eggs