I partnered with MomCentral and Welch’s on this post.
We are hardcore PB&J lovers in this family. I mean, how can one not love smooth peanut butter and sweet jelly/jam? They are a long-standing comfort food for me and a great treat for taking to theme parks so I don’t have to buy the outrageously priced (mediocre) food served there.
What do you do when you run out of bread but you still want a simple PB&J? Make cookies of course. I love being creative with ingredients when they are something my family loves so making a PB&J sandwich into a cookie was a no-brainer.
I start with a simple peanut butter cookie recipe, bake it, make a well in the middle of the cookie with a tart tamper or your thumb, then fill with your family’s favorite Welch’s jelly.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Welch’s Natural Strawberry and/or Grape Jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Beat the peanut butter, egg, and sugar together.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven. While cookies are still hot carefully make a depression in the center of each warm cookie with your finger.
- Fill each depression with about 1/2 teaspoon Welch’s Natural Jelly. Cool completely.
A simple but yummy cookie. These will be gone in no time, I’m tellin’ ya.
Adding the touch of Welch’s Natural Jelly is my favorite part and takes this cookie to the moon and back. Welch’s Natural Spreads contain no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors or colors, and no preservatives. Welch’s Strawberry Spreads are made with sweet, vine ripened strawberries, and Welch’s Concord Grape Jelly and Natural Grape Spread are made with Welch’s very own Concord grapes grown in the US and Canada. How cool is that?[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwLoJ6kCxAI&w=560&h=315]
In the mood to win something?
April 2th is National PB&J Day so Welch’s is running a Facebook contest “PB&J Your Way” – tell them your creative spin on the classic sandwich for a chance to win $500 and a one year supply of Grape Jelly, plus 50 people will win a sandwich keeper!
Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.