When I think of olive oil the first thing that comes to my mind is pasta.
Carbonell asked me to create a recipe using one of their 3 distinctly different flavors of olive oil – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Classic (or regular) Olive Oil, and Extra Light Olive Oil.
Now if you’ve never tasted a Carbonell olive oil I’ll let you in on a secret. Best olive oil ever!
I really enjoy the refreshing flavor of the Extra Light Olive Oil can handle high temperatures so it gives my chicken cutlets the perfect flavor, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil is bold and full of flavor which I love using in salads, and as a dressing base. The regular Olive Oil is strong but light enough that it’s perfect for almost every pasta dish I throw at it but because it can handle the heat I can cook with it without the fear of it burning.
So instead of a pasta or chicken dish I changed it up. Today I give you Baked Sweet Potato Fries!
The Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil pairs great with the strong seasonings like cumin and coriander to give these fries just the right kick of flavor.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbls salt
- 2 Tbls flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/2 cup Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice yams (steak fries style)
- Whisk together coriander, cumin, regular salt, paprika, garlic powder, and Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pour oil mixture over potatoes to cover
- Chop parsley and stir in with the potatoes
- On a baking sheet lay the potatoes in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once out of the oven and still hot, sprinkle sea salt over fries to taste
Now I am not a sweet potato fan but I can seriously eat these fries all day. Not sure if it’s the spices or the olive oil or because they all just fit together perfect. Carbonell provided me with samples of their olive oil as well as sponsored this post to help them tell you about the DareToCarbonell Challenge. I decided to take the #DareToCarbonell Challenge with these fries.
Carbonell would like to challenge you to become more daring in your kitchen. Since 1866, Carbonell has embodied the spirit of culture, food, family, and friends with supremely tasty olive oil. Today, Carbonell is the world’s leading Spanish olive oil brand, famous for its incomparable quality and taste. Now that I’ve tried all three varieties I can definitely see why. You can find a lot of great recipes at DareToCarbonell.com or make up one of your own.
- Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a rich taste and smooth flavor that will make any dish pop with Spanish personality. Use Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salads, dips, marinades and drizzling over finished dishes. When you use the Daringly Expressive Extra Virgin Olive Oil, you give yourself permission to be a more daring and expressive version of yourself.
- Fantastically Light Extra Light Olive Oil has a light taste that will take your meal to new heights. Use Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil for high-heat cooking such as frying, sautéing, and even baking.
- Distinctly Classic Olive Oil has a traditional flavor that harkens back to the heritage of Cordoba. Carbonell Classic Olive Oil is an all-purpose cooking oil, adding a mild flavor to soups, sauces and grilled meats and vegetables.
Carbonell is giving away free samples so if you are curious about the flavors of Spain like I was then take the The Dare to Carbonell challenge. The campaign celebrates a new website launch at Dare To Carbonell where users can experience the three different and bold worlds of Carbonell Olive Oil.
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.