What in the world am I talking about with a title like that? Well, sometimes, my job is pretty freaking cool and I get invited on really awesome trips.
Disclosure: Disney, Pixar, and Disney Junior have sponsored my travel, accommodations, most meals, and activities during this event. All opinions (and fun) in this article here are mine unless noted otherwise.
About THE GOOD DINOSAUR
“The Good Dinosaur,” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
The next day the fun continues by heading back to Pixar Animation Studios for a tour of the campus. We’ll be speaking to screenwriters, story makers, special effect supervisors, production designers, and many more people to find out exactly how the picture progression happens, how the stories get developed and even boarded. We all know a lot goes into making a single film, but now I’ll be able to see it first hand and show all of you what these talented people do every day.
About Miles From Tomorrowland
Disney Junior’s “Miles from Tomorrowland” is an intergalactic adventure that charts the outer space missions of young adventurer Miles Callisto and his family – mom and ship captain, Phoebe; mechanical engineer dad, Leo; tech-savvy big sister, Loretta; and best friend robo-ostrich pet, Merc – as they help connect the galaxy on behalf of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Miles, Merc and the Callisto family explore wondrous and diverse new worlds, taking young viewers and their families on a futuristic journey designed to fuel kids’ natural interest in space, and at the same time reminding them of the importance of what lies close to home – the family bond.
Finally, as our trip comes to an end we will be first making a stop at The Walt Disney Family Museum for a special tour. I’ve never been to the museum before so it might be one of the most exciting things I am looking forward to but really with a packed trip like this one, it’s hard to pick just one thing to be excited over.
We’re ready for THE GOOD DINOSAUR, are you? Print out these adorable THE GOOD DINOSAUR coloring sheets of Arlo and his friends before the film comes out and be sure to follow along with my trip on the 29th-2nd! Twitter and Instagram and #GoodDinoEvent, #InsideOutBloggers, #MilesEvent and #WaltAGram!
If you have any questions for anyone of the fabulous people on the panels I’ll be attending please leave a comment below. I will write each and everyone down and try to get them all answered as best I can. Here’s a list of people I will be interviewing:
- Josh Cooley (Director of “RILEY’S FIRST DATE?”)
- Mark Nielsen (Producer of “RILEY’S FIRST DATE?”)
- Kyle MacLachlan (voice of “Riley’s Dad”)
- Kaitlyn Dias (voice of “Riley”)
- Phyllis Smith (voice of “Sadness”)
- Richard Kind (voice of “Bing Bong”)
- Pete Docter (Director of INSIDE OUT)
- Jonas Rivera (Producer of INSIDE OUT)
THE GOOD DINOSAUR:
- Sanjay Patel (Director of “Sanjay’s Super Team”)
- Nicole Grindle (Producer of “Sanjay’s Super Team”)
- Peter Sohn (Director of THE GOOD DINOSAUR)
- Denise Ream (Producter of THE GOOD DINOSAUR)
GOOGLE & MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND:
- Julie Ann Crommett (Moderator, Google)
- Angela Navarro (Google Engineer)
- Sascha Paladino (Creator & Executive Producer of MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND)
- Diane Ikemiyashiro (Director of Original Programming, Disney Junior)
- Dr. Yvonne Cagle (NASA Astronaut & Consultant on MILES FROM TOMORROWLAND)
- Isis Anchalee (Software Engineer behind the #ILookLikeAnEngineer social media movement)
Disclosure: I am being provided with an all-expense paid trip as part of a press junket with Disney in exchange for my press coverage. All opinions mine unless noted otherwise.