We have been loving our Spring weather so much lately. It means more days and nights outside and grilling while the kids run through the sprinklers. One of my favorite condiments is mayonnaise and often I feel guilty about how much I love it but thanks to my partnership with Blue Plate® Mayonnaise, that feeling of guilt is gone!
I know most of the country isn’t feeling the Spring weather love like we are but I wanted to share one of my new favorite salad recipes with you anyway. This salad incorporates fresh broccoli, ginger, curry powder, toasted almonds, and my secret weapon – new Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt. This Charred Broccoli Salad was created by James Beard winning Chef Alon Shaya of Shaya restaurant in New Orleans so you know it’s going to be amazing.
Charred Broccoli Salad
Let’s dive into this because I want to go grab seconds!
First, roughly chop a head of broccoli and put the florets into a bowl. In a pinch, you can use a 16oz bag of frozen broccoli but I personally always reach for fresh first. Toss them with olive oil, curry powder, and salt. You want to have your oven set to broil then on a baking sheet, broil the broccoli for 10-15 minutes. At this point your home is already starting to smell amazing, believe me.
- 4 bunches of broccoli (8 cups fresh or frozen)
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- yellow curry powder, to taste, up to 2 tsp
- 1 cup sliced skin-on almonds
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- yellow curry powder, to taste, up to 4 tsp
- 1/2 cup Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup dried cherries or raisins
- Preheat your oven to broil & place baking rack on bottom level. In a mixing bowl, toss broccoli florets with first 4 ingredients.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Remove from over and let cool to room temperature.
- in a small saute pan, place almonds, ginger, garlic, and olive oil and cook on medium low stirring frequently until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl combine Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt with dried cherries. Gently fold in broccoli and almonds & a teaspoon or two of the oil.
- Enjoy warm or chilled
ALERT — Twitter Party!!!
I love Twitter parties and would love for you to join me. It’s one of those times I feel like I actually talk to adults instead of baby talk all day so please come talk to me. Can you hear me begging? Because I am! haha.
Twitter Party on Tuesday, May 24 at 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST / 12:00 – 1:00 PM EST. Use the hashtag #BluePlateGreek to chat along, answer some questions, and who knows, maybe win some prizes even!
Save for later by pinning. Click the image below.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Plate® Mayonnaise.