Disclosure: This post was sponsored by “Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s” as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central.
Summertime for us equal countless hours outside, just as many days at the pool, and too many BBQ nights to count. Of course, it’s Florida though so some days are spent inside hoping the rain will stop. On those days, when my kids still want a little taste of summer, I make a summer classic but indoor style. I take the s’more everyone loves but take out the mess (most of it at least) and fire smell. Making a batch of Puppy Chow is super easy and the kids love helping. It’s super fun to create new mixes with some classic recipes like s’mores.
S’mores Puppy Chow
For me, nothing can beat chocolate and peanut butter combining. I love it. No surprise that Puppy Chow is one of my favorite things to throw together especially because it’s so quick and easy.
Puppy Chow is made up of just 4 ingredients. All you need for s’mores version is 2 different types of breakfast cereal, mini marshmallows, and yummy chocolate. I use HERSHEY’S chocolate because it melts beautifully and HERSHEY’S always reminds me of my childhood.
- 5 cups honey graham cereal, divided
- 3 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1½ cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars, broken
- 1¾ cup mini marshmallows, divided
- In a large bowl, combine 4 cups honey graham cereal and 3 cups toasted rice cereal. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar in a large gallon ziplock bag and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and 1 cup of the HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave the two in 30-second increments, stirring in between. Continue until fully melted.
- Add 1 cup mini marshmallows to the chocolate/peanut butter mixture and stir.
- Working quickly but carefully, pour chocolate mixture over the cereals and stir together until cereal is fully coated.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar in a large gallon ziplock bag.
- Scoop the chocolate coated cereal into ziplock with powdered sugar, close, and shake. Cereal should be completely covered in powdered sugar.
- Pour cereal into a clean large bowl and mix in remaining the ½ cup 1½ cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips, ¾ cup mini marshmallows, and 1 cup honey graham cereal and serve.
- Finally, gently fold in the broken HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bar pieces.
It doesn’t rain all of the time so thankfully, we get to treat ourselves with some good ol’d fashion s’mores too. HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars melting into a fluffy warm marshmallow between two graham crackers. So delicious! So messy! And so summer!