Let’s be real, whether you’ve been married five weeks, five years, or even five decades, date night is a ritual you should regularly observe. I can admit that after 7 years of marriage and 3 kids, my husband and I aren’t that great about getting out by ourselves. Life happens so quickly we often forget about us as a couple while tending to the kids all the time. It’s horrible but we aren’t alone. 45 percent of couples “rarely” have date nights! 18 percent said they manage to go out around once a month.
It’s essential to any relationship so c’mon ladies, let’s make date night a weekly thing again! Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar and Grill gave me and my hubby the chance to go out on a date night and that made me think of 5 reasons YOU need to schedule date night with your man!
1. Opportunity for Romance – There’s a huge difference in going to the store really quick and actually making time for a few hours of each other’s time on a real date. Whether simple or elaborate, eating a sandwich in the park, taking a walk on the beach, seeing a movie or just having coffee. Date night says, oh, yeah, we’re a “couple”. We all need that.
2. Opportunity to communicate – Scary but my husband and I recently discovered that some days we barely speak to each other. We’ll both say, “oh I thought I told you that…” We need to slow down. A date with just the two of you gives you the chance to catch up. Laugh, talk about recent events, funny things that happened at work, and be reminded why you fell in love in the first place. His jokes are awesome, admit it.
3. Relieve some stress – You get to enjoy time with one another apart from the pressing concerns of their ordinary life. Don’t think about grandma brushing Sally’s hair just right or if John is crying. Grandma has raised a kid(s) before. I think the kids are okay. Date night gives YOU TWO the chance to relax and just enjoy each other’s company.
4. It’s fun! – Seriously, with everything I listed above that feeds into this point. Not thinking about the kids for a bit and just enjoying your husband is awesome. Not folding the 20th basket of laundry today is awesome. Getting out of the house and not wiping someone else’s hinney is awesome!
5. FOOD – Oh yeah, let’s be real, it can be about the food. haha. Trying new foods and sharing food can be fun and romantic. We love visiting Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar and Grill because their menu is so full of flavor and tons of options.
We always try to get something new and different no matter what restaurant we visit. That keeps things fresh and interesting for us. This week I ordered the Sirloin Stir-Fry. Hand-cut USDA Choice top sirloin, stir-fry veggies, dumpling sauce and wonton strips served with white rice. Uh yeah… pretty much AH-MAZING! I was a little surprised how much I loved it because I’m not a big steak person.
Hubby always goes for something spicy. That’s nothing new. haha. He ordered The Blazin’ Texan. First Applebees chef’s seared in onions & jalapeños to a burger patty, then they pile on shredded BBQ brisket, fresh jalapeños, cheddar and their signature grill sauce. He was in burger heaven.
And sorry, not sorry. what I always have to order is the Triple Chocolate Meltdown. Fudge-filled chocolate cake, dark & white chocolate, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge inside. YASSSSS! Guys, I can’t. I want everything right now. I definitely shouldn’t write on an empty stomach.
So while you’re out enjoying your date night (at Applebee’s Neighborhood Bar and Grill *hint, hint* *wink, wink*) don’t forget to snap a selfie with your honey! That baby could win you some awesome prizes!
From now until, September 9th, Applebee’s will be rewarding 20 lucky fans with date packages and gift cards to come on back and enjoy the Best Date Ever. By snapping a photo of you and your date and using the hashtag #BestDateEver and #Sweepstakes, fans are automatically eligible to win this prize!