Our go-to vacations is always a cruise and I’ve had people look at me like I have 4 heads when I tell them that. They always say, “But isn’t that a bit boring after a while? You’re stuck on the boat…” On sea days, yes, you are “stuck” on the ship but boring is far from the truth. Any given hour on the ship, there are multiple activities and things to do that don’t include lounging by the pool. Whether you’re on your honeymoon cruise, family cruise, or cruising with your girlfriends, you will have a ton to do, I promise.
Before you leave the port, your number one job is to download the Carnival HUB app. It’s completely free and you don’t need WiFi to use it. Simply put your phone in “airplane mode” and use it as normal. The app is your source for everything happening during your cruise. You can then “favorite” the events you want to participate in so later you will get a notification before it starts. You can also view your account right from the app so you won’t see any surprises on your bill. If apps aren’t your thing, you will also receive a Fun Times pamphlet straight to your stateroom daily. Circle or highlight the events you want to attend for an easy reminder.
Still not convinced? Here are 101 things we love to do on Carnival Cruises. As a bonus, I’ve included a printable checklist so you can see how many your family can complete during your very own cruise vacation! Be sure to pin the image below to easily come back at a later time.
101 Things You Can Do On A Carnival Cruise1. Drop off the kiddos at Camp Ocean clubs. There are 3 age groups: Penguins (2-5), Stingray(6-8), and Sharks (9-11).
2. Attend the Sailaway Party! to start your vacation off right.
3. Belt out your favorite tunes at karaoke.
4. Bring the family to the Punchliner Comedy Club.
5. Check out the two teen clubs: Circle “C” (12-14), and Club O2 (15-17)
6. Sing along and request your favorite tunes at the piano bar.
7. Win some prizes in the arcade
8. Relax in peace and quiet on the 21+ only Serenity Deck
9. Kids can participate in the Seuss-a-Palooza Parade.
10. Play mini golf at all hours of the day and night.
11. Grab a bite at the buffet.
12. Stay out late for the 18+ comedy show at the Punchliner Comedy Club.
13. Try your luck at the casino during days at sea.
14. After lots of walking at your port stop, relax in the hot tub.
15. Slide down Waterworks water slides.
16. Enjoy a book coming to life during the Seuss-a-Palooza Story Time.
17. Have fun during the pool activities.
18. Enjoy some Main Dining Room dinner entertainment.
19. Walk around Lido deck track after all the Guy’s burgers you had.
20. Take advantage of the full-size SkyFitness Center while having the best views.
21. Chill out in the main pool for a Dive-In movie.
22. Enjoy a facial at Cloud 9 spa.
23. Grab a drink either of the pool side bars: RedFrog Tiki Bar or BlueIguana Tequila Bar
24. Unlimited dessert? Yes, please! Check out the daily changing dessert bar at the buffet.
25. Watch a live broadway-style Playlist Production stage show.
26. Have all the ice cream cones you want with 24/7 ice cream.
27. Enjoy some down time and order free room service.
28. Visit the Beer Station to pour yourself a cold one.
29. Play fun life-size trivia games like Trivial Pursuit.
30. Try your luck at Bingo.
31. Play Bocce Ball
32. Enjoy a massage at Cloud 9 Spa.
33. Participate in the Family Scavenger Hunt around the ship.
34. Have some Formal Night photos taken by a Pixels crew member.
35. Have one… or two burgers at Guy’s Burger Joint.
36. Figure out “who did it” during the CLUE: The Murder Mystery.
37. Do your best impressions during the Lip-Sync Battle.
38. Brave the SkyRide.
39. Enjoy unlimited pizza 24/7!
40. Watch sunset from the Sun Deck.
41. Check out the art gallery.
42. Play a game of basketball.
43. Enjoy live music in the Atrium.
44. Order every dessert on the menu at dinner.
45. Try to guess what towel animal awaits in your stateroom every day.
46. Go souvenir shopping at the Fun Shops.
47. Attend a cooking demonstration.
48. Participate in the mixologist competition.
49. Dance the night away at the night club.
50. Play HASBRO: The Game Show.
51. Take a dance class.
52. Watch your favorite team play at the Skybox Sports Bar.
53. Kids can attend their own Farewell Party in the kid’s clubs.
54. Visit the Alchemy Bar for a mixed drink.
55. Talk to your wait stuff to learn more about them.
56. Participate in the free Ladies Day event for a free mini facial.
57. Take a free fitness class at SkyFitness Center.
58. Buy your favorite professional photo from Pixels Gallery.
59. People watch on the ship’s cameras from your stateroom.
60. Build-a-Bear Workshop at Sea.
61. Enjoy a shower in the gym showers for more space.
62. Receive a free 15-minute makeup makeover.
63. Take a picture with the ship’s captain during the Captain’s Toast Celebration.
64. Take a Towel Animal seminar to learn how to make them!
65. Enjoy breakfast at the Green Eggs & Ham Dr. Seuss Breakfast.
66. Take the kids to Night Owls for enjoy late night adult activities.
67. Attend “Make it with Michael’s” for some free craft fun.
68. Play a game of life-size Checkers.
69. Order new foods you’ve never tried before for dinner.
70. Read a book in the library.
71. Take endless photos on the highest deck for the perfect views.
72. Join in on a martini tasting seminar.
73. Grab a bite at Guy’s Pig & Anchor BBQ.
74. Get a tan on the pool deck.
75. Play some Ping-Pong.
76. Play a large game of Guess Who
77. Watch (or compete in) the Hairy Chest Contest on the pool deck.
78. Win a contest on the ship to take home the “24K Gold Plated Plastic Ship on a Stick” trophy.
79. Tackle your fears on the SkyCourse 2-story rope course.
80. Laugh it up during the “Newlywed” Game for 18+ and up.
81. Visit “Cheery On Top” for a sweet treat.
82. Book an experience at the Excursion Desk for one of your port stops.
83. Enjoy a made-to-order taco at BlueIguana Cantina.
84. Watch the sunrise with a hot cup of coffee by yourself.
85. Try your hand at Shuffleboard.
86. Do the Behind the Scenes tour of the ship.
87. Play foosball.
88. Have another Guy’s burger
89. Play Family Feud LIVE!
90. Ride on the BOLT: Ultimate Sea Coaster (on Mardi Gras ship only).
91. Attend a free 30-minute Zumbini class for ages 2-5.
92. Check out Havana Bar for authentic Cuban cocktails & coffee.
93. Rejuvenate yourself in the Cloud 9 Thalassotherapy Pool.
94. Stay up later than you normally do.
95. Jump for joy on Sky Zone indoor trampoline park (on Panorama ship only).
96. Try one of the Carnival-exclusive beers.
97. Take your teen to the ZSPA (the teen-only spa)
98. Dance and rise money during “Groove For St. Jude”
99. Play some slot machines in the casino.
100. One last “hurrah“! Attend the Mega Deck Party.
101. Book another cruise and SAVE at the Future Cruise desk.
Now for the extra fun part. Click below or HERE for your FREE printable checklist to bring along on your cruise. How many can you complete on your net cruise?