Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Kellogg’s and The Motherhood. All opinions expressed are my own.
When something big is going to happen the next day things can get really hectic for our family. What about yours? It’s important to prepare yourself and your family for what’s ahead. When you are preparing for tomorrow you want your mornings to run as smoothly as possible so the rest of the day will follow along as stressful as possible.
My oldest has been practicing her recorder so hard recently because she knew she had an upcoming test in Music Class. If she passed and hit all the correct notes in the song she’d get a prize.
To help set her up for a better tomorrow we followed Dr. Travis Stork’s tips on n Having a Successful Big Day:
- Lay out your clothes the night before to help streamline your morning routine. Don’t forget about the undergarments, shoes and/or belt.
- Create a “must achieve” list for the morning to help yourself stop stressing about those tasks at night, leading to a more restful night’s sleep.
- Plan out what to have for breakfast, and nothing is easier than setting out a bowl and spoon for a quick, nutritious and tasty bowl of cereal in the morning.
- If you’re traveling or on-the-go, making sure to pack a nutritious snack (like a baggie of Mini Wheats cereal!) in your bag to help you avoid hitting the mid-morning lull and picking something unhealthy.
- Have a place for everything, and make sure everything is in its place. The more organized you are the less time you’ll spend looking for things.
- Prepare lunch the night before. If lunch needs to be refrigerated over night, set aside a place in the refrigerator for all lunch items so that they can be easily identified and placed in the lunch bag quickly the next morning. If lunch will require a spoon or fork, go ahead and place those items in the lunch bag to save more time in the morning.
- Have bags packed and ready by the door.
DATE: Tuesday, February 10, 2015
TIME: 11:00 – 12:00 PM CST
PRIZES: $50 Amazon gift card, branded prizes and Kellogg’s cereal
HASHTAGS: #BigDay #Tomorrow
Share how you prepare for tomorrow in the comments section below!