I have so many reasons to celebrate and one of those reasons is because Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out is coming to Digital HD and Blu-Ray DVD soon!! How soon? You can purchase the Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere download starting TOMORROW Tuesday, October 13th! How’s that for awesome!
Disclosure: Disney, Pixar, and Disney Junior have sponsored my travel, accommodations, most meals, and activities during this event. All opinions (and fun) in this article here are mine unless noted otherwise.
Another reason I am filled with JOY is because Disney has given me an exclusive deleted scene from the movie to show you!! This scene is called “Joy’s Decline”. It shows how Riley and Joy use to be and how their world is slowly changing as Riley grows up. As we grow up we start to realize that things we use to get away with aren’t allowed anymore like playing with your food. In the scene we get a look at Joy is dealing with these changes.
Start by making 1 box of cake mix. Make sure you are using only egg whites in your mix. If you use the yolk your batter will come out yellow.
- Two 15oz white cake mix (plus oil, water, egg white)
- Food coloring (red, yellow, blue, green, purple)
- Sixlets candy
- Prepare 1 box of white cake mix according to box instructions.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter into 5 separate small bowls.
- Add 6-8 drops of one color food coloring into each bowls so you end up with 1 bowl of red, 1 bowl of yellow, 1 bowl of green, 1 bowl of blue, and 1 bowl of purple cake batter.
- Spray Cake Pop pan lightly with cooking spray then fill 1 half of pan with colored batter.
- Cover pan with Cake Pop lid then bake cake pop balls for 10 minutes or until cake come out of vented holes. Repeat a second time to end up with 24 call pop balls.
- While cake pop balls are baking prepare second box of white cake mix.
- Line cupcake pan with liners then add just enough white cake batter to cover the bottom.
- Add one cake pop ball into each cupcake tin.
- Cover cake pop ball with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack then frost and top with candies in the Inside Out emotion colors (green, blue, red, yellow, purple)