When it is soccer season, t-ball season, volleyball season, heck even JROTC event season – the days seem SO short. How is a parent supposed to get out of the door by 7am, pick up the house (or go to work! But I’m a stay-at-home-mom so I’ll use me as an example), figure out what’s for dinner when she hasn’t even had breakfast or lunch yet, pick up the kids from school, help with homework, get them ready for their sports, drive there (hell rush-hour traffic), watch them run around a field for a bit, get dinner on the table at 8-9pm some nights, get showers done, AND get them in bed?! That’s A LOT! Well, let me tell you my secret: Perdue Farms. I can get Bruschetta Chicken Pasta – an easy weekday dinner on the table in under 20 minutes!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
DISCLOSURE: PERDUE FARMS IS A SPONSOR OF THIS POST. ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE.
Before I was a sports mom I’ll admit that I didn’t quite “get it”. Now I feel like I’m going crazy every few months. My oldest has JROTC after school and some weekends, my middle daughter has soccer, and my son has t-ball and basketball. We’re busy during the fall, winter, and spring seasons. We take the summer off because it’s too dang hot in Florida. But you know, as rewarding as it is, it is also intense and it gets hard to juggle as parents.
My saving grace? I think someone at Perdue Farms is a sports parent. Direct-to-Consumer Perdue Farms curated bundle boxes launched last month on December 16th, and I couldn’t be more excited! We received the medium Family Bundle and I instantly knew my life would be easier upon opening the box. By purchasing a direct-to-consumer curated bundle box you’re saving an average of 17%
Inside was a collection of products can be mixed and matched, no matter what the mealtime. Perdue Havestland sliced chicken breast tenders and diced chicken breast, and Perdue’s dinosaur-shaped panko crusted chicken nuggets are perfect for those busy nights. We also received Niman Ranch’s bacon-wrapped pork chop, apple smoked and packed with a rosemary sprig which is perfect for the nights we aren’t running around.
As odd as it sounds to some people, I hate, yes HATE, cutting and handling raw chicken. It completely grosses me out. I spend the extra money on Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breasts because they not only make my life easier but they defrost faster than whole chicken breasts and I can add them right to the pan without any additional preperation. They make my go-to Bruschetta Chicken Pasta that much easier to make and cuts down on the prep work time. It’s a win-win. This easy weekday dinner will be a family favorite for you, I promise.
Ingredients For Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
- Perdue Diced Chicken
- Bow Tie Pasta
- Cream of Chicken soup
- Chicken Broth
- Red onion
- Diced tomatoes, canned
- Shredded Cheese: Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
How To Make One Pan Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
Let’s start with the basics. Season the Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breasts and set aside. In a deep skillet heat 1 tablespoon (going forward will be written as “tbls”) of olive oil on medium heat. Add in 1 tbls of butter and 1 tbls of minced garlic. Cook for about a minute, stirring as to not burn the garlic. You should be able to tell it’s time to move on once you notice the amazing garlic aroma filling the room. At this point your family usually starts to say, “Dinner smells so good!” even though it’s literally only garlic cooking.
Add the seasoned Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breasts to the pan. Spread the chicken out in a single layer so they can cook evenly. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, stirring throughout. Once the chicken is brown and no longer pink inside we can move on.
Once the chicken is cooked, add the chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
Once the mixture above is combined you may add the UNCOOKED bow-tie pasta to the pan. Stir then gently push all the noodles down so they are submerged in the liquid. Cover with a lid to cook for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, add the diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, and pesto. Cook for another 10 minutes until noodles are “al dente”. Sauce will also thicken during this process so don’t be scared that there seems to be too much liquid right now.
Once the pasta is done, top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Stir and serve! You can serve with toasted French bread or your favorite vegetable. Sometimes I’ll add bite-size bits of asparagus into the mix when I add the tomatoes. The bright green color and crunch adds another layer of amazingness to this dish. And there you have it, an easy weekday dinner from stove to table in about 20 minutes!
Perdue Farms Home Delivery Sustainability Initiative
As we head into a new decade I’m making new goals to reduce my family’s carbon footprint and I’ve always loved supporting companies who stand by sustainable practices. I proudly support Perdue Farms who is committed to keeping our environment safer for the future generations to come so our grandkids can continue to love this beautiful earth. Here are a few examples of just what Perdue is doing for our communities:
- Every package shipped donates to the Arbor Day Foundation to replant damaged forests
- Every package is shipped in a 100% recyclable cardboard box
- Every package is insulated in Green Cell Foam® eco-friendly packaging that is biodegradable, compostable, and made from high-grade non-GMO cornstarch that is dissolvable in water.
- Reusable and recyclable grocery bag with every purchase
- Packet of pollinator seeds in every pack to help support our bees and butterflies.
Want to say 10% off your first Perdue Farms home delivery bundle box and receive free Perdue Harvestland Diced Chicken Breasts too? Use code: FARMER10 and Click here to save now!
- 2 packs - Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breasts
- 2 box - bow tie pasta
- 1 Tbls - unsalted butter
- 1 Tbls - minced garlic
- 1 cup - chicken broth
- 3 cups - milk
- 1 tsp - salt
- 1 tsp - pepper
- 2 tsp - onion powder
- 2 tsp - garlic powder
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cans - Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can - Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbls - basil pesto
- 1/2 cup - mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup - parmesan cheese, shredded
- Lightly season Perdue chicken with your favorite seasonings to coat all of the chicken. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbls of olive oil in a deep skillet. Add unsalted butter and minced garlic to the pan. Stir and cook on med-high for a 1 minute.
- Add the Perdue Fresh Cuts Diced Chicken Breasts to the pan and spread in the pan into a single layer.
- Cook the chicken for 5 to 8 minutes, while stirring throughout the cooking process to cook evenly.
- Once the chicken is no longer pink, add chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine mixture.
- Add UNCOOKED bow tie noodles to the pan and gently push them down until they are submerged in the liquid. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes (undrained), diced red onions, cream of chicken soup, and basil pesto to the pan. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Continue to cook until noodles are al dente. This takes about 10 minutes. Stir the pasta mix every few minutes.
- Once your amazing main dish is fully cooked, add the shredded mozzarella and shredded parmesan to the pan and stir well again until cheese has become gooey and melty.
- This recipe is the perfect main dish for any night of the week and sure to please. Serves approximately 4 adults, more if you have little kids to feed!
Optional: Dice up asparagus into bite-size pieces (or bell peppers). Add it to the pasta at the same time with the tomatoes, step 7.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 860