School is back in session and it’s time to get into a routine with my daughter. Even though I’m sure she learns a lot at school I want to continue her education at home. One way I’ve learned to help my daughter is download applications on my phone. She just thinks it’s a game but she’s learning the whole time.
Recently I downloaded How My Body Works by By De Agostini Publishing USA, INC so my daughter can start learning more about the human body.
Take an extraordinary journey of discovery inside the human body! This in-depth interactive guide to the entire human body is designed for children but suitable for the whole family. The app contains two amazing 3D models of the human body—one male and one female—which you can spin around and peek inside.
How My Body Works teaches people of all ages about the fascinating world of human biology. Colorful and cartoon style artwork surrounds users as they travel to each layer of anatomically correct male and female bodies, learning about each of the body’s systems through a variety of educational videos, animations, and text.
Once you download the free app you can view the Sensory System for free. Users then have the option of purchasing additional packages to get a more in-depth look at each of the body’s systems including:
- Reproductive System $1.99
- Digestive System $1.99
- Urinary and Lymphatic Systems $1.99
- Nervous System $1.99
- Respiratory System $1.99
- Circulatory System $1.99
- Locomotor System $1.99
- All systems: $9.99
How My Body Works Features:
– Anatomically correct 3D models allow users to rotate, zoom, and explore the different levels of the human body
– 248 hotspots located on navigable 3D model with in-depth information
– 315 stunning illustrations in HD featuring scientific insights
– Over 100 colorful animations explain, in detail, the function of different items within the body
– A range of cartoons and interactive games teach readers about the body while they have fun
I really think this is a fun app and an app that my 7-year-old is having fun with while learning.
What I don’t like is how much space it takes up on my phone. It is a really big file plus if you buy all the systems like I did, that’s even more space. Other than that I have no problems with the app and I think it could be really beneficial for kids and adults of all ages.
Disclosure: I downloaded the iPhone app on my own. Compensation was received for my time. All opinions are my own.