Now I love World Market but this month I am loving Cost Plus World Market even more. Why? Because World Market has partnered up with Lorina to give away 1 dream vacation trip for two to the most romantic city in the world – Paris!
That inspired me to create some French up in my house and I am so excited to share a couple recipes with you so you too can get into the mood before you go enter in this amazing sweepstakes. Speaking of, to enter the World Market sweepstakes just head over to their Facebook page.
First thing first, go shopping at my favorite place! I picked up some Lorina Sparkling Pink Lemonade, a few Mason jars, and a set of cheese knives, and in their delicious food section I picked up some jelly.
What better way to start than with a little refreshment. Although it’s delicious on it’s own, the grown-ups might be in need for something else.
With just a few yummy ingredients you have yourself a refreshing summer drink.
Strawberry Vodka Sparkling Pink Lemonade!
This can easily be for the littles too by just taking out the vodka of course. My girls loved the added strawberries and mint with the sparkling bubbles in the Lorina Pink Lemonade.
Just add 1 part vodka, 3 parts Lorina Sparkling Pink Lemonade, a few sliced strawberries and a few springs of mint. Easy, delicious, and so refreshing.
Now on to the main event! Bite-sized treats that are so delicious that you cannot just have one. How can you when they pack so much punch and of course you’ll feel like you’re in Paris already. I mean, still go enter the contest because actually being in Paris cannot be beat.
- 2 sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 5 oz brie, cold
- 1/2 c. strawberry jelly (or your favorite flavor!)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- sea salt,
- small splash of milk
- 12 popsicle sticks
- Place oven rack in the middle of the oven
- Preheat oven to 375°
- While pastry is not quite thawed yet begin to work with it.
- Cut pastry into thirds (use the fold marks as your guide) and then those into four pieces. Repeat process with other sheet. At this point you should have 24 rectangles.
- Wisk together egg and milk
- Brush 12 of the rectangles with egg wash
- Place 1 popsicle stick about half way on the 12 rectangles that have the egg wash
- Cut enough brie off the round (yes, the rind too) on top of stick
- Place about 1/2 teaspoon of jelly on top.
- Finally take the remaining rectangles (without the egg wash) and place it on top of the cheese and jelly.
- With a fork, press gently around the edges to seal everything close.
- Prick the tops so air can escape or you might end up with a mess in the oven.
- Brush tops of your pop-tarts with egg wash
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes
The pastry dough is very sensitive and will get warm rather quickly. It’s important to work fast. I like to start prepping the parts while it’s still barely frozen. By the time I get the first 12 rectangles assembled and ready for the tops I find that the dough is completely thawed out.
The order goes egg washed rectangle, stick, brie, jelly, plain rectangle. Then seal the edges with a fork and prick the tops for air to escape. Bake at 375° for about 15 minutes and you are left with golden pieces of sweet, salty, flakey bursts of amazingness in your mouth.
Now that you are in the French mood go enter the giveaway of a lifetime from your friends Cost Plus World Market!
Grand Prize Package include:
Trip for 2 to Paris (Airfare & Accommodations)
2 Day Museum Pass, River Cruise
Dinner at the Eiffel Tower
$1,000 World Market gift card
Case of Lorina French Lemonade
Plus, 3 First Prizes: $500 World Market gift card
Disclosure: I am a Cost Plus World Market Ambassador. I was sent a promotional item to thank me for my time. All opinions are mine unless stated otherwise.