Disclosure: I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sprint. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
There are many crazy times of the year and the holiday season is one of the biggest ones. Trying to juggle school activities that are in full effect with the kids, homework, family time, Christmas concerts, Thanksgiving and Christmas meal planning and trips, and of course the all too important (and stressful) holiday shopping. It’s more important than ever to be on top of everyone’s schedules and our to-do lists so thank goodness we have the kind of technology in our lives that help make almost all of the things above just that much easier to handle.
The Motorola Moto X
For the past month I’ve been testing two products that I hoped would make my life easier – the Motorola Moto X and the fitbit flex.
The Moto X runs off the Android 4.2.2, Jelly Bean platform, along with Google Mobile™, and Sprint’s 4G LTE services which all make this phone really fast and responsive all while fitting nicely in the palm of your hand!
The first smartphone to be fully designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.A. The Moto X has a unique curved and textured back making it very easy to grip, plus it also has a small dimple in the back for you to place your finger all paired with a 4.7-inch screen. It’s really like a PC that you can hold!
Currently, Sprint only carries two colors for the Moto X – Woven black, and white (what I received). Other carriers carry different colors so I hope Sprint will jump on board with the Moto Maker to give customers more options as well. Moto Maker allows the customer to design their very own Moto X with vibrant colors, cool color accents, greetings, wallpapers, memory (16GB or 32GB), accessories, and much more. It makes the phone 100% you from top to bottom but it’s a shame you then have to cover it up with a case.
The Moto X is also ready when you are. It responds to your voice—no touching necessary. Twist your wrist twice, it becomes your camera (10MP rear facing, 2MP forward facing). And if you always have your phone on you but need some quiet time too it helps that your notifications will quietly appears on the screen so it doesn’t interrupt anyone around you and it’s battery friendly.
Other features you are sure to love:
- Touchless Control – Without touching the phone at all,, you can check the weather, get directions, or do just about anything—just by saying “OK Google Now” because it learns their voice and with the power of Google Now, Moto X doesn’t guess like other phones do.
- Motorola Assist – Moto X knows when you’re driving. That way, it can read out who is calling or texting so you can keep your attention on the road.
- Motorola Connect – Read and reply to texts, and see who’s calling your Moto X directly from your computer’s Chrome browser. All without ever having to reach for your phone.
- Dual Cameras: 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, 4 X digital zoom and video capture, 2 MP front-facing with video capture.
- Sprint TV® and Movies, with more than 15 channels of live sports, live breaking news and full episodes of the most popular daytime, primetime and kids entertainment.
- Sprint Music Plus, a full-featured music store and player for music tracks, ringtones, and ringback tones, including millions of DRM-free music tracks and tones updated daily.
For more information check out this handy Moto X fact sheet you can print out.
The fitbit Flex
Sometimes I spend a lot of my days running (literally) around chasing after my two kids, and with another one on the way I can only imagine how much more busier my days are going to be very soon. It would probably surprise you just how many steps you take in a day but with the fitbit Flex you don’t have to wonder any more. The fitbit flex allows you to track your steps, distance walked, and calories burned and used each day! Plus, when purchased at Sprint, you’ll have unlimited data – which makes it convenient to sync your fit bit data on-the-go without worrying about overages on your wireless bill.
Out of the box you get a variety of things so lets break those down:
- Flex Tracker – this tiny device plugs right into your wristband. (not pictured. I forgot to take it out of the wristband. Sorry)
- Small and Large Wristbands – each band has multiple holes so you can customize the fit.
- Charging Cable – insert your Flex Tracker into the USB charging cable. It plugs right into your computer for easy charging!
- Wireless Sync Dongle – plug this into your computer so your fitbit Flex will sync every time you are near it.
The fitbit Flex is a slim, stylish wristband that acts as an activity measurer. The lightweight band is perfect for anyone looking to easily monitor their diet and activity level no matter how active you are. The FREE downloadable app makes it easy to set goals, view progress, and earn step badges. It even monitors how long and how well you sleep and functions as a silent vibrating wake up alarm!
For more information check out this handy fitbit Flex fact sheet you can print out.
Moto X and fitbit Flex would make excellent gifts for the busy mom or dad in your life! Please visit Sprint for product information and current prices!